User login

Honda Wave 125cc 2008 for Sale - sold

33 replies [Last post]
sophyandsopha's picture

Never crashed; never taken apart; all parts are original; red & black color; the same bike now is between $2100 - $2500; ASKING PRICE: $1400 (no bargaining); one safety lock and an alarm system will come with the bike; the bike is vailable for today and tomorrow only.

Forum Pictures: 
Zabooka's picture

A new Wave costs $1500 from the Honda dealer.

sophyandsopha's picture

I am sorry for making you respond in such an idiot way; I actually checked before posting. I could get the wrong costs, but it would be harder for me to believe that.

Tyler Durdan's picture

huh?

Zabooka's picture

Well what would I know? I only bought one from the dealership.

You are a scammer. That bike is maybe worth $1000, but $900 is more realistic.

GiayNhan's picture

the offer is a bit expensive.

David Bael's picture

According to the 1st message, that Wave is worth more than a Scoopy. I suspect that the camshaft is made of platinum. That's why no bargaining.

Where's my VISA card? Gotta be fast or I'll miss the deal of the Year of the Dragon.

sophyandsopha's picture

Already sold for $1250 to not even users like you guys but a daily dealer who knew the quality of the bike. Dealers like that would never look at your bike if they can not make at least a couple hundred $ of it. I can show you the contract if you like and with good intention. The Brand new wave (2012) is $2700. They have stopped producing my kind and that is why it is getting more expensive, especially ones that are not used very much. One thing though before getting out of here: It is not ok to think that every Cambodian like robbing your money, and I was wrong to think that you guys liked spending for the quality.

Zabooka's picture

I didn't even know you were cambodian!

Get lost scammer. No dealer pays $1250 for a four year old wave.

Anyhow, I bought a NEW wave for $1500, so whatever. . .

sophyandsopha's picture

Get your brain washed! I think you have been talking about a different wave here. If someone does not know what he is talking about, he needs a complete brainwash first Smile I think you have been too proud of what you know... Whether i am a Cambodian or not, you'd better take it for yourself because it won't bring you any luck when having that and I think you could have had that perspective. Bye Bye and good luck in my country.

Zabooka's picture

David Bael's picture

I feel totally robbed. You first said $1400, no bargaining, and now you're loudly announcing that you sold it for $1250! And the new price keeps going up. First it was $2100 - $2500. Now it reaches the unparallelled level of $2700! Record broken. My heart is broken too. I would have liked to impress my friends with the most expensive Wave in the world.

Ah, maybe next time....

Don't you have an 8 year old Smash or Sym for sale for +- $1900? Please?

sophyandsopha's picture

$2100 - $2500 is for the wave like mine, which has not come out this year, and the word 'new' did not mean brand new here. "still new " would have been a better way. The 2012 Thai. wave 125 cc is $2700, same speed but different engine. There is also another type of wave, 110 cc, that are mostly from Vietnam, and I was told around $1450 for this year. The brand new dream is so high this year, $2100, same engine like the 2008 dream model, and the Wave 125 cc has never been cheaper.

I sold it for $1250 was because the deal was not through this post. You may wanna say I was "bias" , not "rob", then. There were also other parts I added on to the moto, and the $1250 did not include those. And if you would like to be critical, it was about $50 different. I could have been bias, but it is unrealistic to say I can always treat everyone equally.

I would not have replied if you were the unbrainwashed guy. I apologose if having missed communicated.

sophyandsopha's picture

I hope all are now at ease... So impressed by all the reactions... Thank you for all the inputs including the worst ones. I have learned from all of them. Good luck!

Calvet's picture

The only thing you learn is how to scam people on the website...

sophyandsopha's picture

Good luck to you as well for having that thought on people!

shucklemoon's picture

Oh Garcon, we'll have saucers of milk all around, please.

marklatham's picture

You have the love the khmers style when buying or selling-they are idiots.
A new wave more expensive than a scoopy or an airblade???
I had an englsih speaking khmer canadian come to look at my second airblade with her khmer husband and the scruffy mechanic.
First they opened the seat and spent several minutes staring into the void.....
Then they put it on the stand and listened to the motor for several minutes,the alleged mechanic had his hand on the transmission case.
When they stood up they announced that neither the motor or transmission was any good.
An amazing deduction without riding the machine or changing gear at all.
They received the appropriate response from me which was very colourful and to the point.
But while I was waiting for them,they were late of course,I had another khmer time waster on my hands.
He was a loitering moto who knew that i was selling the bike.
He made several calls to dealers and every time he called a new one he had me push the button that opened the gas tank door-unbelievable.

elwood's picture

Dear sophyandsopha,

In regards to your comments here, I would like to take this opportunity to cordially respond to a few points you have mooted:

1) " I can show you the contract if you like and with good intention."

Yes please. I would love to see the contract so that I can go down and laugh at the idiot who gave you $1250 for it.

2) "And if you would like to be critical, it was about $50 different."

Um. $1400 - $1250 = $150.

3) "The 2012 Thai. wave 125 cc is $2700, same speed but different engine."

No it isn't. It's about $1600. You can see it here: http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price...

4) "The brand new dream is so high this year, $2100"

No it isn't. They are about $1750. I went to several places last month looking at them.

5) "I could have been bias, but it is unrealistic to say I can always treat everyone equally. "

Wrong again buster. Surely it is perfectly realistic to be able to treat everyone who wants to buy your moto in the same manner in regards to price etc. If not, please inform me which part of this is proving difficult for you and I shall direct you towards some personal development coaching in order to ensure you do not continue to have problems with basic human functions in future.

Yours truly

Elwood

sophyandsopha's picture

You are not listening! All you can think about i how to attack. I wonder why not using your humanity. See:
1. Again I will only show the contract if you have good intention.
2. You at least should have asked how and
where I got all the qoutes -I was talking about "Cambodia" , not Thailand as in the link. Go now to a cambodia's local honda dealer or company and check. I may buy all the waves found with the price you mentioned. Additionally, make sure you know all my info is from the date I first posted.
3. You are at high risk of being ... If my moto buyer got it at the price mentioned and now have made some profit.
4. Pretty much depends on our relationship with the seller. Let's say the buyer were now my sister or a close friend or sb who gave me a big help once, I would have gotten even much cheaper. All are buyers but don't I have the right to like sb more than the other? Or treat another better?
5. If I were a buster, you wouldn't have wasted all your time trying convince others on this
page or site that i had been a scanner. Please let me admit that I only know the word scammer you I was first accused here.
6. Now because You have been convinced by what I have just shared, you will keep wasting time proofing your points and I do not think you will ever admit you are wrong or have been wrong when finding that all I have shared are true.

Trying to accuse sb and neglect your humanity by doing all of these is actually meaningless, and since you are fighting against yourself I do think that you need more help than I do.

Have fun Smile

elwood's picture

Dear sophyandsopha,

What the hell are you on about kiddo? For a translator your English is somewhat skewed - as is your maths (see above).

I would like to take this opportunity to offer you several brand new Honda Dream's for the wonderful price of $2100. That way I'll make $350 a pop as I know I can buy them for $1750 (yes, $2100 - $1750 = $350. At least in my world it does).

"If I were a buster, you wouldn't have wasted all your time trying convince others on this
page or site that i had been a scanner."

- Listen here buster, if you are a scanner, I am a photocopier. Simple as that.

With Scant Regards

Elwood

sophyandsopha's picture

Again if you have listened, you wouldn't have made all of the claims.

I mean "scammer" not scanner (I made this mistake through pressing an enter button on my iphone". Thus, you do not know what I am talking about here.

I said, "I would buy any 2012 Thai Honda wave 125 cc for $1600"; not the Dream.

Three days ago, the Thai 125 CC dream was $1980, and listen... the price $2100 was on the date I posted my wave, Feb 20, 2012.

You are now moving the conversation to the perfection of my English, which is way out of our talk here. The post is about the motor, not your techniques of finding flaws in people ok? Are you sure that your math and English are always perfect? If you are, then, sth wrong with your mind because no math or English great teacher is without a single mistake. Plus, I did not do any calcuation related to your Dream figure in my last comment.

Another thing is that if you do not know what I do as a translator or never been a translator yourself, you'd better shut up because again you are now saying you know more about being a translator as what you have been doing with the motor prices. You know what pride is like? It stinks!!!

I wonder if you have been treated the way you have been treating me. I am sorry then for what have happened to you.

Listen... please stick with the subject and go get the proof neccessary before you can move on (refer to my last comment).

David Bael's picture

Hello, how much are you selling your iPhone for? I missed out on the most expensive Wave in the world (in order to impress my friends. Blame my vanity).

Perhaps you can make me happy and sell me your iPhone?

sophyandsopha's picture

I do not understand why you guys find this conversation useful. It does nothing, but brings the bad stuff out of us. If you want to keep this conversation, please from now make it a polite way, and I will be very happy to keep going.

David Bael's picture

Ah ok. I'm sorry. So how much for your iPhone, please please please... Note that I won't accept paying less than $970 if it's an old scratched model. I'm very sure that the new iPhone costs $2370.

sophyandsopha's picture

Your apology is accepted, and the iphone is out of the subject.

irvin's picture

This is a wonderfully entertaining thread!
If someone ever considers starting a training school for newly arrived expats (So You Want To Live In Cambodia?), it would make an excellent foundation for a training module.

elwood's picture

Dear sophyandsopha,

I have an iPhone for sale also. It cost $7,256,968.00 new (this is the price in the Democratic Republic of Congo of course, so it has absolutely no relevance to here either), but for you I'm letting it go at a steal for just $9,999.99. And I'll throw in a set of steak knives that'll cut through a Honda Wave in just 2 seconds without going blunt.

In response to your aqusations of any floors in my calculashuns or gramma, I fink that if u look in 2 it u wood find that I have not actchually been wrong since late 1974 when I mistakenly paid 7 pounds 3 shullings for a used Honda cub that was at the time retailing for just 63 shekels on the main road of Addis Ababa.

With deep respect and utmost humility,
Yours incorrectly,

Elwood

marklatham's picture

I just sold a very nice 2009 airblade for $925.
Why on earth would an inferior moto cost more?
I will not deal with khmers in future whether they are buying or selling.
They do not seem to have any sense of value or market prices.
And they seem to think that all barangs are ignorant jackasses.

sophyandsopha's picture

There is a specific-but-unspoken culture of buying and selling here. It would be nice to take a look. I know too many who have had bad experiences, and many times it is not the actual mistake, but what the Barangs think and not know how to deal with the situation, for example it is normal for the buyers to give almost any kind of comments, and the sellers are to listen only; another, the sellers can set the whatever price they want for bargaining and the Cambodian buyers normally would never care whether those prices are real or not since they are not fixed anyways. It is normal here or maybe anywhere else that the sellers always want more for their stuff and for the buyers, cheaper, the better.

However none of the examples is being done here. I am so clear that all information I have given is true. I am sorry to hear all the bad buying and selling stories.

pp930's picture

Sophyandsopha,I think the reason that people are pissed off at you is bc you are not being sincere and being dishonest. If you read you post you stated that ASKING PRICE: $1400 (no bargaining), but at the end you sold your motobike for $1250. What were you thinking, all of us are stupid? I think that people like you should be locked up in your room for the next 20 years. Shame on you!!!

David Bael's picture

Hmmm....now we're derailing a bit. The above mentioned thread is not the true problem.

And jail! Isn't that a bit harsh? Anyway, dear sophyandsopha, you probably won't need your iPhone any more if you end up there.

I'm giving you $965 for it. At that price I'll still make my friends jealous.

sophyandsopha's picture

I am out of here since this conversation is going nowhere. I tried, by the way, and thanks for all the comments.

elwood's picture

Dear sophyandsopha,

Don't go! Your completely illogical arguments and made up facts have been most entertaining. I'll even give you my bicycle if you stay. It LOOKS like your ordinary $30 Chinese street bike, but ACTUALLY it is a really special one. So special that no one else will know it's special unless you tell them so. I bought it for a steal off a dumb Barang guy for just $700! Can you believe it?

So how about it champ?

Yours pleadingly

Elwood

affiliates

Whats on! See our help pages - add your own events

This location does not have any events. Why not add one here!

Forum