Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
Friends-International (FI) initiated the TREE (Training Restaurant for Employment and Entrepreneurship) alliance that represents a global alliance of training restaurants working to build futures for former street youth, marginalized young people and adults. The alliance is expanding its internationally recognized and successful vocational training restaurant model in Luang Prabang, Laos.
We are seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to fill the full-time position of a Restaurant Project Advisor to join the development of this exciting initiative. (www.tree-alliance.org).
The Restaurant Project Advisor will be part of an international team providing advice and support on setting up a new vocational training restaurant in Luang Prabang.
The Restaurant Project Advisor will:
• Support the local management team in all aspects of the set-up of the new restaurant
• Provide training in service skills according to defined standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Provide health, hygiene and safety training according to defined SOPs
• Provide training in customer service and daily book keeping
• Provide training to teachers on how to teach and train
• Work hands-on and onsite with the teams in the project before, during and after business hours
• Advise and support the teams on the daily running of the vocational training business project
• Build capacity of managers to be able to run the project on every level
• Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Experiences and qualifications:
• Degree in Hospitality/Tourism
• Knowledge of running an international standard hospitality business, knowledge of running a restaurant kitchen is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in the hospitality business
• Minimum 2 years experience in teaching service and other hospitality related matters
• Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Fluency in English (verbal and written); any other Asian language is a plus
• Excellent communication skills including a strong ability to train
• Demonstrate patience whilst being energetic, hard-working and goal oriented
• Be flexible and able to travel with short notice, potentially for longer periods
• Able to work in a diverse team from various cultural backgrounds
Location: This full-time position is based in Luang Prabang, Laos, with an initial period of training held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter with a CV and salary expectations to hr [at] friends-international [dot] org with the caption subject: Restaurant Project Advisor
Friends-International is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Friends-International’s Child Protection Policy.
Applications must be submitted before 29 December 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.